Social Security payment schedule for July: When will your money arrive?
The first and second rounds of July Social Security payments were made this month, but if you haven’t received your check, you’re probably wondering when it will arrive. Not all Social Security recipients receive their money on the same day — there are actually multiple days scheduled throughout each month when payments are made. We will explain below.
Also, did you know thatin 40 years, from January 2023? You should receive a letter in December indicating your benefit rate for the following year. You can also .
We’ll tell you when you’ll get your next Social Security check and how your payment date is determined. To find out more, hereand . Here’s also what you need to know about . And here are the states watching .
How are Social Security payment dates determined?
The Social Security Administration sends out payments on three different Wednesdays each month – the second, third, and fourth Wednesday. The Wednesday you will receive your money depends on your date of birth. We’ll break it down.
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of the month, your payment will be sent on the second Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th of the month, your payment will be sent on the third Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 21st and 31st of the month, your payment will be sent on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
See the July schedule below.
What if I get both Social Security and SSI?
If you received Social Security benefits before May 1997, or if you receive both Social Security income and Supplemental Security income, the payment schedule is different. Instead, you’ll receive your Social Security payment on the third day of each month and your SSI on the first day of each month.
However, these payment dates change if the 1st or 3rd of the month falls on a weekend. For example, April 3 fell on a Sunday this year, so you would have received your Social Security payment two days earlier, on April 1.
When will I receive my July Social Security check?
here is the July schedule (PDF) to find out when you might get your Social Security check and/or SSI money.
- July, 1st: SSI payment for those who receive both SSI and Social Security, or who received Social Security before May 1997.
- July 13: Social Security payment for people whose birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of a given month.
- July 20: Social Security payment for people whose birthday falls between the 11th and 20th of a given month.
- July 27: Social Security payment for those whose birthdays fall between the 21st and 31st of a given month.
Note that June 22 was the final payment date for June.
What should I do if I don’t receive my check on the due date?
If your check doesn’t arrive by the date listed above because of your date of birth or other circumstances, the Social Security Administration asks you to wait three more mailing days before calling. If you still haven’t received it, then you can call 800-772-1213 to speak to a representative.
The SSA Notes that wait times to speak to a representative are shorter Wednesday through Friday and later in the day (between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. local time).
In the meantime, you can also access your Social Security benefits online by visiting ssa.gov/myaccount.
We will update this story monthly as payment dates change.