How to use the Apple Pay digital wallet for contactless payment 
For iPhone users, Apple Pay might be your go-to option for payments. This app serves as a virtual wallet that you can access from your device.
It offers a seamless payment option and lets you use your digital credit or debit card. It’s almost the same with the physical card, only this time it’s digital.
To get started with Apple Pay, here’s what you need to know about it. We will also discuss how to use it properly on various iOS devices.
How to set up Apple Pay on your device
(Photo: Duane Prokop/Getty Images for MasterCard)
Here’s a guide to help you use Apple Pay on your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac.
According to Edge, It is always important that before downloading any application, you must first check its compatibility with your device. For this part, your smartphone or tablet must be compatible with Apple Pay before setting it up.
In iPhones, make sure your handheld has Face ID or Touch ID functionality. The same goes for iPads which offer a similar option.
To check if your device passes the compatibility test for Apple Pay, visit this link for more information. Once you’re done with the assessment, let’s continue setting it up.
Setting up Apple Pay on iPhone is quite simple. Just follow the steps below so you don’t miss a thing.
- Open Apple Wallet and click on the button with the “+” icon.
- Then choose Debit or Credit Card under Available Cards.
- Take a photo of your card and manually enter the required details.
- Check the information.
- Read the terms and conditions and click Accept when you’re done.
- Choose the card you want to add.
You can actually use Apple Pay from your Apple smartwatch, but remember that you need to activate a password first. If you do not activate it, you will not be able to use the digital wallet service.
- Start by opening Watch from your iPhone.
- Click on the My Watch tab.
- Search for Wallet & Apple Pay and skip to the previous steps we perform on iPhones.
- Then you can now start adding your maps to your smartphone. It’s below the other maps on your iPhone.
- Then click the Add button next to the card.
- After that, check all the information you write.
iPad or Mac
You can use Apple Pay for shopping and it’s easier since you can send money immediately through Messages.
- To start using it on Mac or iPad, here’s what you need to know.
- If you’re using an iPad, go to Settings. For Mac users, go to System Preferences.
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Choose the card you want to add. Check the cards that were previously listed in Available Cards.
- Add them and click Continue.
- Finally, go through a process of verifying all the information.
Related article: Apple Pay will no longer support the Russian payment system Mir
How to send money via messages
As mentioned earlier, you can send money to Apple Pay through the Messages app. If you have transactions with someone, you can use your iPhone to make your work faster and easier.
To get started, go to Settings on your device, then click on Wallet & Apple Pay. After that tap on Apple Cash.
Once you follow the processes correctly, you can now connect your bank account, where you will get the money. You can now transfer money to the bank and vice versa.
After successfully setting up Apple Pay, click the Apple Cash symbol in an iMessage chat. Now you can send or request money from your friend, relative or other people.
Meanwhile, 9to5Mac reported that iOS 15.5 users can now use the new Apple Account Card in their Wallet app.
Read also : Apple Pay Mother’s Day Promo: Get HUGE Discounts, Flower Discounts, Freebies and MORE
This article belongs to Tech Times
Written by Joseph Henry
ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.